Dutch Hollow Village is conveniently located just 15 minutes east of downtown St. Louis in Belleville, Illinois. We are off highway 161 between Sullivan Drive and Frank Scott Parkway. As a family owned and operated community we take pride being part of a city that encourages its citizens to build a healthy and prosperous town to live, work and play. As a 2011 recipient of the “All American City Award”, the city of Belleville has demonstrated their commitment to their residents. If Location is important to you when selecting your home, Dutch Hollow Village is the place to live!
About the Belleville, Illinois Area
Belleville is a great place to live and work. It is perfectly located near Highways 15, 159, 177, 13 and 161, and not too far from I-255 and I-64. Belleville is the heart of St. Clair County’s government and their medical services are among the best in Southern Illinois. The Belleville Main Street Committee promotes shopping, dining and entertainment in Downtown Belleville. The Committee is committed to the renovation, economic growth, business recruitment and retention of Downtown Belleville.
- Belleville Crossing Shopping Center is located 12 miles from downtown St. Louis and has a great mix of national retailers including Office Max, Buffalo Wild Wings, and AT&T.
- There are over 25 restaurants and bars located in Downtown Belleville
- Lincoln Movie Theatre is located one mile from the Community
- The Belleville Public Library is located at 121 E. Washington Street, Belleville, Illinois 62220
The Belleville Public School District 118 serves the elementary and junior high schools. It has won numerous national, state, and local achievements by their students and staff. The students represent the District at a very high level by their academic, athletic, and fine arts accomplishments. The district’s standardized test scores consistently exceed state averages.
- Abe Lincoln Elementary School, located at 820 Royal Heights Rd. is right down the street from the community, a quick one minute drive.
- West Jr. High is within 8 minutes of Dutch Hollow Village just 4 miles away.
The Belleville West High School is part of School District 201. It is a new state-of-the-art 360,000 square foot educational facility recently built on 113 acres. The school is located at the corner of Route 15 and Frank Scott Parkway West, 4 miles from the community.
- Memorial Hospital ranked #1 in Critical Care is conveniently located in a west Belleville neighborhood at 4500 Memorial Drive, within 1 mile of the Community, a quick 4 minute drive.
- St. Elizabeth’s Hospital located in Belleville has maintained a “Gold Seal” of approval. The hospital is just 2 short miles from the Community making it accessible within minutes.
The Bi- State public transportation system operates across St. Louis, Missouri and Illinois providing light rail, bus, express bus service and paratransit transport.
- The Bi-State Public Bus services the Belleville and St. Louis Metropolitan areas. The Metro Bus stop is accessible within walking distance of the community.
- Train transportation is available within walking distance from Dutch Hollow Village at the MetroLink’s Memorial Hospital Station.
- Lambert St. Louis International Airport is located 25 miles from the Community along I-70 between I-170 and I-270 in St. Louis County. It is a quick 35 minute ride from Dutch Hollow Village. The airport is accessible via MetroLink.
- St. Louis Downtown Airport is a public-use airport located in Greater St. Louis, one mile east of the central business district of Cahokia, in St. Clair County. Illinois.
- MidAmerica St. Louis Airport is a public use airport co-located on the grounds of Scott Air Force Base. It is located 14 miles east of the central business district of Belleville, in St. Clair County, IL.
- Interstates I-55, I-64, I-255 and I-70 are all accessible in Belleville. I-64 is the major route from Belleville to downtown St. Louis. I-255 is part of a system of expressways that together form a loop around St. Louis.
About the St. Louis Metropolitan Area
Greater St. Louis is the metropolitan area that completely surrounds and includes the independent city of St. Louis and includes parts of the U.S. states of Missouri and Illinois. St. Louis is a medium sized city with a big city list of things to do for all families. St. Louis offers Belleville residents big city services within an easy distance.
- It is home to one of the nation’s biggest and best city parks
- Top rated St. Louis Zoo
- Cultural institutions that rank among the Country’s finest
- St. Louis has great restaurants, cafes and lively pubs. It has fine dining, intimate neighborhood restaurants, traditional pubs and simple coffee houses.
- Shopping in St. Louis includes everything from small independent shops to large malls with all the trendiest stores.
- Music fans will find everything from blues to rock to hip hop
- The world famous “City Museum” is described as a children’s playground, funhouse, surrealistic pavilion, and architectural marvel made out of unique, found objects.
- The Gateway Arch is the centerpiece of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in St. Louis, Missouri. It is an elegant monument to westward expansion in the USA.
- The St. Louis Symphony and The Muny Theater are both located in St. Louis.
- Great Museums, Art Galleries, Cultural Festivals and Art Fairs can all be found in the St. Louis and Bellville areas.
- The city of St. Louis has more than 100 parks, including Forest Park, one of the largest urban parks in the country. The state parks of eastern Missouri or southwestern Illinois are in driving distance.
- St Louis / Belleville area has an abundance of golf courses
- St. Louis is a recognized world class sport city with The Sporting News naming it the nation’s “Best Sports City” in 2000 and the “Best Baseball City” in 2005. We’re home to the NHL’s St. Louis Blues hockey team and the 2011 World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals.
If you are looking for a place to call home in the perfect location that offers a peaceful, family setting with high quality homes, schedule your personal tour today by calling (618) 277-3745 or Click Here to Contact us.